Irlen Syndrome (poem)

 

Irlen Syndrome



I thought I’d try reading again

But when my eyes scan across that off-white page

The words animate….

Slippery                    little

                                                     bastards.

As I try focus on one,

The next j s l s in front of it

                o t e

What I’m about to read distracting

Me from what I am reading…..

Its not the spelling, I was always top at that!

Its pinning down the words

Comprehensible in sentence to a

Into a comprehensible sentence,

While trying not to read the same line twice

The same line twice.

I’ve tried reading in blue, red, green,

With a reading ruler,

Reading glasses and

A magnifying glass

But the words

                      still

                            keep

                                   falling

                                              off

                                                 the

                                                  page…..


And don’t get me started on numbers!!!

Comments